Monday 28 March 2011

Welcome to the Grey Knights Blog!

Welcome to the Grey Knights Blog!

First of all I'll give you a bit of information about the blog and it's aims:

I want this blog to be a resource for all Grey Knight gamers, I want to be able to provide painting, modelling, gaming and just general hobby advice and tutorials. I also want to be able to have a way to document my progress with my Grey Knights, and share that with you as well.

A bit of background on me as a gamer and my history with the Grey Knights. I've played 40k for close to 4 years now (I'm 16 at the moment), and the Grey Knights were my first army. Natural, after looking through their codex after a few months, and having struggling to build the old metal models, I cobbled together a 1000 point army (this was the 1500 at my local gaming club), and played with them for about 2 years, but then moved onto an Ork army (you can find my blog here), as I wanted to play at a slightly more competitive level, with an army made of predominantly plastic as opposed to metal. But, now that the Grey Knights have got a new book, the temptation to start up a new Brotherhood was too great!

With the Codex being released on Saturday, there won't be another post on the Grey Knights until then, but I will tell you what I plan to post up in the coming weeks and months:

  • Tactics for all the units in the new codex
  • Different strategies to use
  • A series on 'The Art of Deployment'
  • Different army lists
  • Battle reports
  • Painting/Modelling of the new Grey Knights
  • General posts on the Hobby
So, tell your friends and lets try to get as many people following this blog as we can, as the more people that follow the blog, the harder I'll try to get as many posts out as possible!

Finally, I've already ordered a pair of Grey Knight Terminator boxs, so as soon as they come, you will be the first to know. If you want to buy any Grey Knights (or any other 40k models to bolster your collection) I recomened that you go to Total Wargamer, as they offer 20% off and low shipping costs.

Until then, any questions, requests etc. use the blog email (grey-knight-blog@hotmail.co.uk)

1 comment:

  1. So are you going to include a codex review as well? You obviously like Paladins from your other post so are you going to be focusing on them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...